Today I have eight-and-a-half hours straight of class. OK. Here are my current goals, ordered by alphabetically by subject:

  • Artistic: I intend to practice my clarinet at least twice a week.
  • Attitudinal: I need to be more assertive.
  • Careerist: I'll find a job, eventually.
  • Educational: I want to get straight As this semester.
  • Familial: I hope to avoid marriage, sex, and children.
  • Financial: Who wants to be a millionaire? I sure do.
  • Free time: I'll go for a walk at least once every two weeks.
  • Physical: I'll go to the Student Development Center at least two times a week.
  • Public Service: I'll hold the door open for people who are coming up, so they won't have to touch the door themselves.
These are my goals. I'm may not going to accomplish all of them, but I will try. I'm a perfectionist, so it is possible for me to achieve a hundred percent success rate. First, let's look at my financial/careerist goals. I think it would be nice to have a lot of money, but I'd really just like to have a job right now. I haven't worked a day in my life and I don't know exactly how the finding of work would be done. Here's what I plan on doing: I'll learn how to draw; then I'll start a web-comic in January; and then I'll go to the career fair in the spring. If I fail to find a co-op or internship in the career fair, then I'll search for a summer job, so I can at least get paid in the summertime. At the start of 2010, I'll start to invest in the stock market as it rebounds from our current economic recession. Second: my free time. I have precious little of it. I'd like to go on a walk and go exploring before it is too cold and snowy to do so. I'll also have to account for rain, which is rather ubiquitous this time of year. Third, my physical goals. I haven't worked out at the S.D.C. yet. I'll start on Friday, the weekday I have the most time. I hope to become strong like my dad.

1 comments:

sistrurus said...

All pretty admirable, Henry. (Except maybe No. 5. Those are the sorts of things that caused you. http://www.wearenotjoggers.com/home for example. You have an obligation to keep the bell curve narrow.)

It's never too cold and snowy to go outside exploring.

And thanks for that last line. Remind me that you need to go to the Y twice a week during your Christmas break.

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Raphael's Fish Gall
Lunax Free Premium Blogger™ template by Introblogger